(Hat Tip: Webmaster World, registration required)
I think I finally took care of that annoying Firefox leak that kept consuming my computer's resources, slowing everything down.
Hopefully this problem will not pop up again (as the last hack should have taken care of this problem).
For those looking for a quick solution, simply follow these steps.
- Open a new tab in Firefox
- Type in about:config inside your address bar (and hit enter)
- You should see the DNA of your browser. Scroll down until you see browser.cache.disk.capacity
- Right click on it and select modify
- Change the number to 5000 if you have less than 512 mb of ram, or more if you have a gig
- Restart Firefox
Firefox feels a heck of a lot faster already. Hopefully I will not have to attempt to try and fix that again.