Saturday, June 06, 2009

An Unwritten Future

The future has yet to be written
At least that's what I was told
Before the government bailouts
Before banks began to fold

They're saying the futures determined
As if I no longer have any choice
No opinion worthy of consulting
No influence with my voice

There is a debt that I have to pay
A credit issued to my name
But I refuse to accept this debt
And pay for my leaders shame

While I was born in this country
And raised here all of my life
I will not raise any kids here
To experience this economic strife

My future is still determined
But not by a government tool
I did not agree to this stimulus
And I refuse to pay for fools

So farewell my beloved country
I intend to live here no more
Because in half a decade or less
I'll be seeking out eastern shores




--Posted via iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, opinion or just stopping by to say hi?

In either case, feel free to comment below.

You do not need to have a blogger account to post below, although you do have to solve the "I am human" puzzle.