Thanks to Forever Geek I finally found a way to reduce the memory
hog leak on Firefox that was killing me every time I was online.
Here are the instructions for those of you also afflicted with the "Slow-mo-fox" disease.
- type "about:config" (no quotes) in the browser.
- Find browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer
- set it's value to "0″
This reduces the memory, but Firefox can also continue to steal your thunder even when you close it down. These next tips will help put an end to that issue.
- Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.
- Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
- In the box that pops up enter config.trim_on_minimize. Press Enter.
- Now select True and then press Enter.
- Restart Firefox.
My computer already feels a heck of a lot faster. Now I can actually write about my life.
Note: It looks like this may have resolved my earlier issue with Firefox before too. :-)