Thursday, September 21, 2006

Would You Choose The Money Or The Dream?


We all need money. Money is the blood of any economy, and if it ever stops circulating then your nation is registered as dead.

But dreams, goals, visions (whatever you call them) are the motivation behind the mind that creates the nation, business, etc. and without it we would all become nothing more than depressed robots stuck in a building working only to pay the bills and live another day.

But if you had to choose between the money or your dream, what would you choose? And, more importantly, is it possible to have both?

Possibly, but that involves risk, and to fail at striving so hard is more than enough to make most people shrink back in life.

About a year ago when I was studying for my investment license, I came across this phrase:

"The greater the risk, the greater the reward."

I think I am now at a cross roads in life. I can:

  1. Do something I kind of enjoy and make lots of money or
  2. Risk doing something that may not be profitable at first, but will satisfy this burning desire within.
I must admit I am wavering at the two, but then I am reminded that some things are done not for the money.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question, opinion or just stopping by to say hi?

In either case, feel free to comment below.

You do not need to have a blogger account to post below, although you do have to solve the "I am human" puzzle.